Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pre-mother's Day

In keeping with the tradition of a mother's day dinner on any other day than mother's day, I was actually quite worried when I found out the family was going to gather for dinner today, selfishly because I didn't want to lose another day's work (valid or no). All told though, I managed 12 pages of text, and might have been able to do more if my brain hadn't reached a stopping point. I simply needed to just take a break and by the time that happened, there was very little time left before I'd have to sleep.

Cherry Blossoms is getting into the final throes, so to speak. The next few pages of this chapter will be a pre-cursor to a much more drawn-out and elaborate chapter meant to only be a battle. Then a dialogue chapter and the final battle. Then a wrap-up. All told, I'm looking at 4 more chapters before the 1st draft is done. I need to go over my notes once more for the two battle chapters, but I think I can manage it relatively fast. Those always take a lot longer to do. Usually, I try to make sure that the first draft of those chapters is so thorough it almost reads like a second or third draft. We'll see how that pans out.

David Barentine
www.wotps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment