Sunday, May 1, 2011

And so ends "Part 2"

I already know that the rewrite of Cherry Blossoms will extend page numbers dramatically, but for the moment, Chapter 8 (and by extension Part 2 of the story) ends on page 100. Sort of a nice number to land on unintentionally. From here, the relative ease of writing will turn into more of a slog, since the predominant aspect of the book has been dialogue rather than descriptions. Part 3 will be 9 chapters of effectively action sequences and long, drawn-out descriptions, returning to what I'm really good at.

Admittedly I believe I'm good at dialogue too, but I'm biased on that.

Part 2 ended today with 3 pages written. That might not seem like much, but if you can do it right, you can change all tone in the story on a dime from "mystery" to "hell's about to tear loose." We'll see if that pans out. I am looking forward to it, but I know it will be a bit of a pain once I get into it.

I'd write more, but I'm stuck watching CNN right now. Sort of a different red-letter day. Hard to concentrate on writing at the moment (though I got those three pages done).

David Barentine
www.wotps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment