Sunday, June 12, 2011

two steps forward, two steps back

The slog continues and while I try hard to avoid jumping into too many aspects of a rewrite, I couldn't help but inject a new addition to a scene. In the night prior I was almost asleep when a creature and whole ecology sprang into my head. It was enough that I had to jot down the idea and it has maintained throughout the day. Now with a sketch in place (re-purposing a prior sketch) I felt the need to inject it into the story post-haste before the inspiration grew cold. More pointedly, I had a conversation in my head that I felt I needed to write down immediately. So while the bitter fighting is still a slog, there is progress earlier in the book. (and if that doesn't show how non-linear writing is, I don't know what would)

David Barentine
www.wotps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment