Friday, September 2, 2011

not a lot for the updating

between work and other issues, the writing has slowed considerably, but the ideas are getting down. I've been working on shoring up a few details for things like Under the Fairy Tree that, while I don't intend to do anything with just yet will be impactful. Likewise, Faceless has a few plot points added. I'm trying to ignore the stress of work currently so I can get some quick design sketches in for Cherry Blossoms, mostly figuring on the creatures more than anything. One detail I am trying to sort out is the dwarves, in that I want them to feel real, not a carbon copy of other accepted fantasy concepts. Dwarves are typically depicted as miners, and while that is an endearing image, I do not like it. I've come up with something which has traces of that fantasy heritage, but isn't bound by it and certainly won't be the major characteristic. Likewise a new naga/siren design is in the works but those are for later. I think I've simply lost a bit of the mojo for the moment and need to really kick myself back in gear. hopefully that will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment